Saturday, October 25, 2003

Yummy, yummy!!
The International Food Tasting at ISU last night was really cool. Each country had to bring at least one item of traditional food, and ISU supplied the wine, beer and juice as usual. (What a great school!) It was all totally excellent and there was so much I couldn't even taste a little of everything. Here's a summary for those of you who are gourmands:
Canada - we made pancakes with maple syrup and Nanaimo bars
USA - mac & cheese, rice krispie squares, P&B sandwiches, nachos and queso, pecan pie, Californian wine
Norway - yummy walffes with goat's cheese
Haiti - all sorts of rice with traditional dishes, my favourite was the spcied mangoes and the pudding in the coconuts
UK - strawberries & cream, clootie pudding?, trifle
India - can't remember the names of the stuff, but really tasty
Greece - didn't get the chance to have any
Japan - apparently there was sushi but it disappeared before I saw it
Ireland - bread and something else on it but I can't remember
Italy - Fabio bought pizza from Auchan
Spain - omellete like food but they were late so I couldn't fit anything else into my stomach
Germany - cheese and noodles
China - I think I missed that food
Singapore - I think I missed it too - see I was busy making pancakes in the next room
France - cheese fondue, escargot, frogs legs
I'm sorry if I forgot something/someone! Everything that I had was very tasty and I think we should do it more often.
And yes, I ate frogs legs and escargot. The frogs legs are kind of useless as there is hardly any meat and they don't really taste like anything. But the escargot was very tasty.
Oh and our professor, Nikolai Tolyarenko from Russia, brought some Vodka and did shots with the students. Somehow I missed that too. Apparently it was very tasty and smooth Vodka.

After all the food, we came back to my house and had a bit of a party. We had a laptop playing different music in each room, which was kinda cool. We had all sorts of food leftover plus what Will and I had bought for the party. And since everyone was totally full, we have a shitload of popcorn, pretzels, chips, Haitian food, pancakes, pecan pie etc lleft at our house! We don't need to buy snacks for quite a while.
Anyways, the party was good, just ended early as almost everyone lives in town and had to catch the last tram back just after midnight. But that was fine with me, I was tired and fell asleep.

Tonight is girls night. We are watching Bad Boyz II and ordering pizza! Then tomorrow we are off gliding in Germany. Pray for me!!! Hopefully I will make it back alive, you never know with those crazy Germans:)

Hope all is well. My web site for school should be almost working now. Sorry about the mix up, it was the program I was using to make the thumbnails. Eventually I will make the site prettier, but at least its up for now.

No comments: