Sorry, I haven't written much lately, we've been pretty busy.
Christmas we had our usual yummy breakfast and I opened my stocking - Santa found me here :) Then we decided to go for a drive and ended up in Baden-Baden in Germany. Nothing was open, but we did get into a coffee shop for a hot chocolate to warm up. Not a very exciting day.
Boxing Day we tried to go shopping in Strasbourg, but absolutely nothing is open. Apparently, it's the exact opposite of Boxing Day at home, nobody buys anything. So we just hung out and walked around the Marche de Noel as some of it was still open. We then went out for pizza, courtesy of Fabio. It was a nice dinner and yummy pizza. I think my parent's know that he is crazy but have at least seen that's he's a nice guy and not a pyschopath!
Saturday we got up early and braved Auchan at 9 in the morning. It wasn't so bad, we could actually park! I thought that the first day it was open in 3 days it would be crazy, but not so bad early in the morning. We were going to go into town to do some shopping, but by that point I was exhausted, so we sat around here until I had to go to work at 4. I went and worked the Irish Times for a few hours. It was fun again and lots of people I knew were in. My parents came in for a pint just before I got off work too and then we took the tram home together.
Today we got up at 4am to drive to Frankfurt to pick up my sister. I slept most of the way so it was all good, but I feel for my dad who drove 2 hours there, and turned around and drove 2 hours back. But Tina made it safe and sound and is resting now. I work again at 4 today and I think they will go into town to look around the market.
Tomorrow we are off to Switzerland - Lucerne and Basel I think.
These holidays are going by super fast - my parents leave in 3 days! Then just me and Tina for a few days, then she takes off and leaves me here all by myself to start school again. It will feel really lonely once everybody is gone. So Tyler, hurry up and get here!
Thanks to everyone for all the presents and cards - it's great to get surprises! I hope everyone had a very good Christmas and is still enjoying the holidays. Happy New Year's to everyone (in case I'm not back on before Tina and I head to Paris). Miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment