Saturday, January 17, 2004

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written. I haven't forgotten about it, I just couldn't ever think of anything interesting to say. Basically it's been school, and not that exciting.
We've already had 3 assignments, and our parabolic flight team application deadline. The business of remote sensing, and evaluation of a paper on the study of the Clementine mission to the moon, and have started a microgravity drop tower experiment. We got our exam grades back, and I improved from last time, so I'm happy. Although, as I've said before, I could really care less what grades I get here. What else? We've had some good lecturers and some shitty ones, but I fill out evaluation forms on all of them every day so hopefully the bad ones won't come back. So far the business track has been pretty cool, I'm learning a lot about stuff that I didn't know anything about. And maybe learning about what my dad actually does everyday.
Last weekend I worked Saturday night until 9, at which point half of ISU came into the Irish Times. I finished work and then drank for free with everyone afterwards, how cool is that? Poor Brooke though, she was working after and had to put up with all of us demanding drinks NOW! :) We headed to some other bar after the Times closed, but it was packed, so we went to Route 66, which is definitely a bar and not a club. We just sat around drinking for a bit, but as soon as they started asking who wanted shots of tequila I politely declined and caught a cab home. I hadn't had dinner and I was at the drunk point that if I had any more I would have been sick. It was nice to sleep in in my own bed too. So that was the excitement of last weekend.
This week, Bush made the announcement for the US to go back to the Moon and eventually Mars. We all knew the announcement was coming, but it was nice to hear. The US Consular General of Strasbourg requested to meet with us Friday afternoon so we had some chats with him about our skepticism and excitement. So that was pretty cool - we are important :)
Last night we held a party at our house, as requested by Nick and a few others. It's great to party at our house, except that most people leave at 12 to catch the last tram into town. But that could also be a good thing. Well, Mme Mertz called us just as most people were leaving and told Fabio to stop the party as she needed to sleep. We tried to be quiet, but there were still a few noisy guys left (no Jeremy's though, so not so bad). I think the last people left around 2 or so, hopefully we don't get in trouble later from our land lady. But it was similar to a Beth party in Vic - we collected about 6 bottles of wine out of the deal. Unfortunately all the vodka and whisky was drunk, but wine is okay too. Too bad we can't take all the beer bottles back for money, we just have to drag them up to a recycling container at Auchan. Weird!
I work today from 4-9 and then may go to a movie, come back here and chill or whatever. I plan on getting lots of reading done tomorrow, before Tyler gets here. As I won't want to read then and we are heading into the Alps right away for some skiing/snowboarding.
Sorry no writing lately, but as you can see, there hasn't been that much excitement.
Hope everyone's January's are going well.
Four more sleeps for me and I will be the happiest girl in Strasbourg :)

No comments: