So I have been home now for a few weeks. Not much has happened. We went out for boots of beer for Jer's birthday shortly after I arrived. Tyler and I were mostly just hanging out during the day, trying to catch up on 8 months missed.
Last weekend was the long weekend and we had a nice BBQ at Jer's house. We through some yummy beer-soaked shrimp on the grill with some fresh corn and had ourselves quite the feast. Ty and I stayed at Tina's house that night as I don't have a room at my parent's house anymore as we now have a tenant here. And my Aunt was in the guest room. Kinda sucks to not have anywhere to live, but that will change soon. My grandma leaves on Wednesday for England for 2 months and I will at least have her place for that time. Then it's apartment hunting for Ty and I.
Sunday we had yummy pancakes at the Woodburn's and then I had a nice dinner at my house for my Grandma. Tina and Mark got home that day so it was nice to see them after such a long time too (they drove across the country and to New York). Monday Tyler and I went shopping, on a holiday?!?!?!? Craziness - for a new bathing suit and cap for me cause I've been swimming every few days at Gordon Head Rec. Then we watched Office Space as Ty has never seen it for some reason and had a nice Greek-style dinner at his house.
So not a very exciting weekend, but it was nice none-the-less. I am happy to still be relaxing after all the travelling in the summer. Today is a beautiful day and I am so happy to be at home where we have wireless internet. I sat outside with my laptop and did some much needed work on the computer while getting a tan at the same time! Ahhh....
But it's back to work for Tyler and back to school for some this week. Sucky. I think I will enjoy the weather and maybe go for a bike ride or a swim later. I've also registered for an advanced French class at UVic, which is towards a diploma program and it starts in a couple of weeks. And an adult ballet class which starts Sep 29th, of course the day of the Space Ship One launch so I will be in Mojave. Oh well.
I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you space cadets as possible at IAC and hope you will skip a couple days to come see Victoria (I'll be heading back Wed afternoon for my 2nd dance class and my 3rd French class on Thursday). Let me know if you are coming!
Sorry for nothing exciting just yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment