I am pretty much doing most of this on my own and this is what I have accomplished so far:
moving the kitchen stuff into the living room so we can survive for a few weeks
uninstalling the sink and dishwasher
taking out the old cabinets (but some were stuck on so hard that I needed my Dad's help to get them unstuck)
taking out the countertops
trucking all of the above except the kitchen sink to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore
removing the wall above the closet where the pantry will be going
my Dad helped me remove large pieces of drywall that had the old tile backsplash
he also added some wiring for undercabinet lighting
picking up all the new Ikea stuff in about a million boxes - thanks so so much to Jeff Hutuala (spelling?) for helping me out at the last second on that one, much appreciated (as someone else ditched me)
Now all I have to do is fix the walls, paint, and build and install the new cabinets! Piece of cake!
Here are some pictures of the process:
Before & During & Now



My Dad is coming over to help with the drywall tomorrow and Ty is back then from Victoria as well. Things seem to be moving along according to schedule. More pics as progress happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment