Last weekend wasn’t quite as busy as the previous one, but still involved adventures and excitement. We went to Victoria Friday night so that we could attend Derek and Alex’s wedding on Saturday. Ty and I both worked with Derek and were looking forward to their wedding.
I woke up to the sound of construction Friday morning as they are closing off one end of my parent’s street and putting in a bike lane along McKenzie. Apparently the “beep..beep..beep” noise is driving my parents mad as I guess they only seem to drive in reverse! I was only there for a couple of days and it was quite annoying so I feel for them, it’s been like that all summer. So anyways, I got up and went for a run. I love going for runs in Victoria because I can leave from my parents’ house and go along Lochside trail, or into Mt. Doug or over to Gordon Head or whatever. Much easier than from my house in New West. I chose the harder run part way up Mt. Doug and then back down Blenkinsop road because I felt like being in the forest. The trails and hills are harder to run but it was more enjoyable. I’m glad I went and wish I could do that from my house every day. It’s so much harder when you have to get into your car first. But I’m determined to get back into again here.
Anyways, the most important part of the weekend was the wedding. It was at Fort Rodd Hill and overlooked the water. It was gorgeous weather and the cruise ship and boats in the background looked pretty cool. We were on a bit of a slope though and that didn’t feel so good standing in my pointy toed high heels, so I ended up with a couple of blisters – oh well, the sacrifices we women make. The ceremony was casual and laid back, just like Derek and Alex. Her dress was beautiful and it was just a perfect day. The cocktail reception was down at the Polish Hall in James Bay and we had lots of drinking, dancing and more eating. Some other people Ty and I used to work with were there so it was great to see them again and catch up. It was a fun party and we didn’t get home until 2am. We skipped going out afterwards as we had to catch the 9am ferry to get Ty back in time for school Sunday afternoon (boourns). It was great to see people though and we were all so happy for both of them.
Two people from my work also got married on the weekend so I guess everyone had great weather and a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment