Friday, September 01, 2006

Almost gone

Today is my last day in sequencing. Tomorrow I'm off on my cruise for a week and when I return I will finally be in my QC/QA position. I found my desk and computer today and I will need to get a sweater to keep there as it's a tad chilly without a lab coat in the air conditioning on the 5th floor.
I was planning on being extra active and healthy this week as I plan on eating great food next week. I did the grind on Monday and then it all went downhill. I picked up my new orthotics Tuesday night and woke up with a very sore top of my left foot on Wednesday. I was thinking about doing the grind on my own on Wednesday, but my foot hurt too much to risk it. So I did 30min of yoga instead - not much but it got the blood flowing. I really feel great doing more yoga lately and I can feel the improvements every time. It's wonderful! Last night I fell asleep on the couch until Ty got home and we continued our "Prison Break" marathon in an attempt to get through last season before this new season is over. I wanted to stay up all night watching them but I knew I was too tired anyways.
Tonight I'm picking up my Grandma from the ferry and just finishing packing. Ty will drop us off at the cruise ship terminal at noon tomorrow and we depart at 4:30! We are on the Diamond Princess and we fly back next Saturday! I'm sure I will have some great pictures and stories when we get back.
Until then, enjoy the last good weekend of summer weather - it's rainy and cold where I'm going.

No comments: