Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy 2007!

Wow, I can't believe it's actually 2007. Well, I can, because it's really just a number and I prefer to gauge my life on other things than numbers, but anyways...
Christmas was great. I worked at lululemon Christmas Eve and helped all the lost guys get their last minute presents, then took the 5pm ferry to Victoria. I wasn't the last to arrive at my parents' house though as my uncle arrived from Calgary Christmas morning. It was great to get together with everyone - my parents, sister, Grandma, aunt, and uncle - because we aren't together that much any more. We all got spoiled and it was a good morning.
In the afternoon we took some packages with socks, gloves, food, toilettries and treats downtown to distribute to homeless people. We only had 20 bags made up and they went pretty fast. It was a great thing to do though as most people were very grateful. One guy even ran back to our car and gave us a Hershey kiss. A few people were kind of confused, but no one was offended at all, which is what we were a little worried about. We all enjoyed it and plan to do it next year again.
We had our usual Christmas dinner on Boxing Day and I also went for dinner at Ty's grandparents' on the 25th. We spent a lot of time playing Ty's new Nintendo Wii that he got from my parents and his parents. My mum spent many mornings lining up to try and get one for him and finally managed to get it randomly at HMV. Ty was super excited and so were the rest of us! Yeah!
Another highlight was the present from Santa - 4 flights between Vancouver and Victoria that were received by my Mum, sister and I. Cool!
We spent New Years Eve at Nicole and Michael's with Jen and Luke. We got to play with their new kitten and Ty kept Darwin the dog from being too jealous. We played Wii and had a good time.
January is starting off pretty good. I'm back at work and Ty only has 4 classes and a pretty awesome schedule. I'm planning on doing a running clinic on Thursday nights, which starts tomorrow, to train for the Van marathon or half-marathon, we'll see how it goes. I'm taking an Intro to Human Geography class at Douglas College on Tuesday nights, so I'm back to being a student again. And I'll be away for a week at Harrison Hot Springs taking a Women in Leadership course through my union. My job at lululemon ends on the 31st so I'm looking forward to having more time to myself, even though it's been lots of fun.

Some of my goals for 2007:
-drink 2L of water a day
-practice yoga at a class at least once a week
-hike the Grouse Grind at least 20 times
-spend more time with Ty and help him to get an awesome job when he's done school
-run a marathon or half-marathon in May
-re-evaluate my goals every few months

Enjoy 2007 everyone and set SMART goals! (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely)

1 comment:

jen said...

Good idea with the Grind!! I'm in!