Last week was all right. I did lots more reading on my project and I think I have a handle on it, at least at the moment. I pretty much have everything settled down now - phone, cell phone, house, trip to IKEA done etc etc. Yes we went to IKEA and I bought some curtains for my room, so now I can actually sleep properly. I'm a little to used to the blackness caused by the French shutters I guess.
Friday night we watched Barbershop, which Tyler and I tried to watch on his last night in Strasbourg, but unfortunately, it was in German back then. This time, it was a DVD and we could watch it in whatever language we wanted. Much better.
Saturday, Cari and I went for a run in Burgerpark - yes, Burgerpark. It is a super nice park with a mini zoo, ponds, bridges, forests, streams, sculptures, etc. I would like to go there on a weekly basis. After our nice little run, we went downtown to check out the festitivies. You see, Bremen was playing a football match for the national championship. It was an away game so they had a huge screen set up in the main square. We tried to get near it, but it was impossible with the thousands of people there. And of course, since they were German, they were all drinking their beers and having a great time. It was cool. After watching the game and shopping (without buying anything, I might add), we went out for dinner at a cosy Thai restaurant. Expensive, but damn good. We kept cursing Will and his cheap Thai food the whole time though. We had some good food, good conversation and then went home and pretty much did nothing on a Saturday night.
Sunday, Cari and I went to the Science Centre at the university. It is pretty much the same as Science World in Vancouver, but it was fun. It was something different to do, and made us practice our German a little bit. We felt like little kids eating our ice creams and playing with all the science toys. Ahh, such geeks we are. Afterwards, we headed to BURGER KING for our first feast in over 8 months. We actually ate some pretty healthy food from their lite menu so it wasn't so bad. It was just nice to have another choice besides McDicks for our fast food pleasure. Oh and speaking of choices, Bremen will have a Subway store shortly, so that is very exciting. Near the train station, so I might just have to pick up a sub on the way home from work - if I can afford it.
Today has been a super long day, so I am leaving work now. I hope to go for a run, head home, and crash. I feel like I didn't really have a weekend, and next weekend will be worse. Cari and I are going to Berlin to check out the air show there - and hang out with an American astronaut. Cool!!!! It helps to live with someone who works at Mission Control!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment